A magnet is a material or object that produces a magnetic field which produces a force that pulls on other ferromagnetic materials, such as iron, causing it to stick to the magnet. A human magnet is a living being who can stick metal objects to themselves like you would a novelty magnet to a fridge.
The vast majority (99+%) of cases can be put down to the person having very stick skin for some reason. There remains a few cases that simply defy explanation. This theory is supported by “evidence” of the human magnet sticking other objects to themselves that are not made from ferromagnetic materials, such as glass or plastics.
Many people belive those who claim to be human magnets are simply novelty acts at best, with the extremely negative views calling them out as frauds and to be mentally examined for insanity.
Hooks & Rumours
- One person who has this ability has claimed that the magnetic field he generates is increasing
- In the aftermath of a nasty EMP-type attack, an area of a city has seen a vast increase in claims of human magnetism. Which of these are fake and which are genuine?
- Records have shown that babies born in a certain region exhibit this human magnetism at a rate much higher than anywhere else. Although harmless, worried authorities and family want the area investigated to see what may be causing this to occur.
- Despite there being no evidence to the contrary, the hysteria against those who exhibit HM abilities has been increasing , fueled by a certain media company that has a grudge against these people, or one in particular
- People who have been publicly exhibiting human magnetism type abilities, fake or real, have been going missing a few days after showing off their talents.
This was created based on the ideas in this post:
Article Used as Inspiration: Human magnetism
Stats and details are expressed in generic terms to allow for use in as many games and genres as possible. As with other Campaign Chunks
this is designed to be used as a starting block for your own ideas.