Lines of Falcona
In the high arid Falcona tundra, there lies a series of lines carved into the hardened earth. Much like the series of carved lines found in other regions, the Falcona lines are best viewed from a higher elevation. Covering an area approximately 10 miles across the line-carvings criss-cross each other and range from “small” ones that are 500 meters across to the largest one, which gives the area is name, of a giant stylised falcon with its wings spread wide. It has a wing-span of almost 2 miles from wing tip to wing tip. This was only discovered to even exist once a flight was taken over the area. The quality of the carvings range from simple, almost stick like humans, to the insanely detailed larger falcon and what is believed to be some kind of elephant or mammoth.
There used to be a tribe that managed and looked after the lines. Sadly, the last family died in an earthquake. The land then reverted to the state who have opened the area up to tourists and archaeologists.
Hooks & Rumours
- The land where the lines have been for hundreds of years is also the site of a massive deposit of valuable minerals. Certain parties in the government wish to dig up the area to gain access to this deposit.
- Tools and records made from obsidian have been found by local archaeologists. What is confusing is that there are indicators that the items are 10x older than the markings on them suggests.
- Something that has puzzled investigators is the older carvings are larger and more detailed, but the newer ones are carved on top of the older ones are cruder and less detailed.
- Arguments are going-on about how the larger drawing were made with the crude and rather backward tools the natives were believed to have had in the time the carvings were made.
- Some of the nearby tribes are arguing that the land should have reverted to them instead of the state and are staging peaceful protests are the entrances to the land in order to highlight their case.
This was created based on the ideas in this post:
Article Used as Inspiration: Nazca Lines
Stats and details are expressed in generic terms to allow for use in as many games and genres as possible. As with other Campaign Chunks
this is designed to be used as a starting block for your own ideas.