Resurrected Caesar Cocktail
A cocktail typically may mean any beverage that contains two or more ingredients if at least one of them contains alcohol. The resurrected Caesar Cocktail is a variation of the Caesar cocktail. A standard Caesar consists of vodka, Clamato (a proprietary blend of tomato juice and clam broth), hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce, and is served with ice in a large, celery salt-rimmed glass, typically garnished with a stalk of celery and wedge of lime. The “Resurrected” version also contains a large amount of an energy based drink. This is what gives it the resurrected title as it, as one drinker put it, “feels like it could wake you up from death afterwards”
The story behind the drinks invention says that one day a patron of a bar, who had consumed a rather large amount of the traditional Caesar drink and had ordered an energy drink for his drinking companion thought that her could make it easier to hold by pouring the energy drink into the same glass.
After suddenly realising what they had done and not wanting to waste the drink, the new cocktail was then consumed in one hit, to the astonishment of nearby drinkers. When the drinker declared it to be actually rather pleasant and that it perked them up, others in the bar tried to combination. It soon spread throughout the region and not long after the new name was invented.
Hooks & Rumours
- Some drinkers of the RCC prefer to add coffee or another caffeine based liquid instead of the energy, though some purists belive it ruins the taste.
- The manufacturer of the most popular energy drink used in this cocktail is not happy with it being used like this and is pushing to get bars and other drinking establishments to ban its use in cocktails. Drinkers of the cocktail are asking to let them drink in peace.
- Several bars have claimed to be the inventor of the RCC and all are trying to ban other bars from using the title of Resurrected Caesar in their marketing. The players have been asked to find out which of them, if any, have a legitimate claim to the name.
- Plans are underway to sell the RCC in a premixed can or bottle. Health authorities are worried that the drink is going to be easier for those underage to acquire and consume.
- A new craze is sweeping bars whereby the energy drink that is put into the base cocktail is increased in potency. So far one bar has rumoured to have a potent new energy drink within the cocktail that is the equivalent of 750mg of caffeine per floz(fluid ounce).
- The drink has started to gain national and even international recognition when a popular actor was seen drinking one after a public event.
Inspired by : Caesar (cocktail)
Volume 6 of the compiled and updated Campaign Chunks is available at DrivethruRPG.com