Forgive the rather confusing title, it will make sense, I promise.
The number 4 is a sacred number to those who in habit Easthalen,for many many reasons. There are 4 continents, the gods are arranged around groups of 4 etc.
This is the rule I’m having to keep in mind when working out the details of the game world. This is not a hard and fast rule.
So far there is :
- 4 Continents (major islands not counted and neither are the minor islands). This will have a major impact on the size of the world. The ratio of land to water is about 50/50, but this does not take into account the as yet undesigned minor and major islands. As I’m adopting what is called a “bottom-up” approach to design here
- Each continent has approx 4 major powers
- 4 Major political factions
- 4 Major cities, although of them is now, shall we say, missing
- The gods are arranged with 4 Major deitys for each Divine Faction, each of them having 4 minor deity under their command
- Only have one major race, like say humans, being native to the world. This does not stop other races being in the game, just rare. The explanation being that they are stable mutants or have come from other realms
- Have several major races(Back to the 4 again)
World Brief can be found here
Latest copy of Setting/rules can be found here
- Dev Blog #1 – Game Features (enneadgames.com)
- New Blog Information (mysignificantgamer.wordpress.com)
- Age of Conan dev blog outlines stamina changes, multi-spec functionality (massively.joystiq.com)