After a long hiatus, the Starship kit continues with “Starship Kit Volume 6.4:Other Systems”. This volume covers the other systems you may find on a starship. The Starship kit is system generic and not tied to any setting. It uses a simple system to help gauge how powerful, complicated or expensive a particular component is.
These systems are everything else that is not medical,enviromental, weapons,armor or anything covered ina previous volume that you would find on a starship and features:
- Cargo & Storage : What is the ship carrying and how is it stored?
- Civilian services : With suhhegstions such as a counsellor or “adult” workers
- Communication ; What type of features does your ship’s comms sytem have?
- Engineering/Maintenance : What features does YOUR engineering have?
- Entertainment & relaxation : Everyone needs a bit of R&R.
- Food & Drink Related : From replomats to bars
- General purpose : Just what is that empty room being used for?
- Hangers/Shuttle-bays : Uour drones and fighters need somehwere to launch from
- Living Quarters : Where does your crew live?
- Manufacturing & Harvesting : Need extra resources? Harvest them and do something with what you gathered.
- Records/archive : It’s a rare ship that doest keep track of what they get up to on a lng voyage
- Religious : A rare system,but if you belived in a higher power, wouldn’t you want their blessing on a long and dangerous voyage across the void?
- Science Labs : Study that weird rock you away team has found and more!
- Security & Defence : Protect your crew and systems
- Sensors : Just what IS that thing of the port bow?
- Training : Make your crew the best they can be
- Transportation : Move around the ship and get where you need to
- Drones & automatic systems : From fighters to auto-matic repair drones
- Experimental & Exotic systems : Covering weird, wonderful and dangerous systems
Each catagory has some suggestions and ideas to help flesh out the details, with quite a few of them expanding the details even further, such as the cargo section giving suggestions for the types of cargo being carried and the drones.
Get Volume 6.4 here today.
Other parts of the Starship Kit product line :
- Volume 1 – Name & Registration
- Volume 2 – Size & Shape
- Volume 3 – Class & Type
- Volume 4 – Weapon Generator
- Volume 5 – Armor & Shields
- Volume 6.1 – Engines, propulsion and power
- Volume 6.2 – Environmental systems
- Volume 6.3 – Medical & Health systems