I realized last night I forgot to add quite some things to my post yesterday about the streaming I’m going to be doing soon, so seems appropriate to continue today with some more information about it.
Whats the channel?
The twitch channel is MobiusTempus. An EnneadGames channel will probably be coming later.
When will I start streaming properly?
I’ll be running a few more test streams to set up OBS and the other software, but I’ll be “officially” start streaming 5th of December 6pm GMT, for probably around 2 or 3 hours or so. The planned days will be Tuesday, Thursdays, with alternate Saturdays starting later (for the STA game – time to be decided but probably 7 or 8pm GMT) and Sundays being a bit earlier, at around 2pm GMT. Most streaming sessions will last no longer than 3 hours, with the possible exception of the STA – That *may* go on for a bit longer each time, but it depends on what happens in the game.
What will I be covering on my streams?
Mostly rpg-gaming PC , with , at some point in January, a bi-weekly real-life RPG from Star Trek Adventures. I won’t be playing sports games or anything that needs me to use a controller. Also due to the fact my laptop is not as young as it used to be, the newer games will be of a lower quality. This also means no console games either. Due to a small bit of arthritis (nothing major, had it for years) holding console controllers for a long period of time hurts.
I have quite a few games on my steam/gog/origin accounts to play through, plus there are always new games coming out that I can run – just don’t expect triple-a titles, as all games and streams will be running in what I have dubbed “Glorious Po-tay-toe Vision”
What streaming goals do I have?
These are in no particular order
- Getting to affiliate status, which means at least 50 followers and an average of 3 viewers per stream. Doesn’t mean I’ll get it automatically – I have to apply – But this is a good milestone to do just that. This will allow me access to the important subscribers – which whilst not a huge amount, is a nice extra income stream.
- Getting to partner – This is a bit harder (obviously) – It’s similar to affiliate but gives a lot more benefits
- Getting artwork done to make the stream page look snazzy – This includes “Offline” art, “Streaming Starting soon” Break art and emotes. To begin with, donations and contributions will be going towards paying for this, then towards improving the set-up I have, such as getting me a new desk, chair , a new machine, camera etc. I’ll be paying as well, but any donations will be helping towards that.
- Keeping a regular schedule – Ironically, this one is probably going to be the hardest to keep 100% with my kidney/health problems. I would love to be able to promise I’ll be doing it on those days all the time, but I can’t. I will say I will do my best to be able to do so, but real-life sometimes has a way of getting in the way of all of our plans.
- Sponsored Stuff – I have been thinking about this and I’ll be honest, It’s something I may do if offered. But I can promise this – If I am ever paid or given “free” items to promote, I will make that perfectly clear that I am doing so. Of course, if this is something I have purchased on my own because I really like it, I’ll make that clear as well – There’s little to be gained by being deceptive about where you get things from. – I want people to feel like they can trust me when I say I like something or enjoy it and not think I am being paid or bribed to do so. It’ll be quit obvious when I do get something to promote as I’ll say words along the lines of “[X] sent me this as a free copy/item to try out” or “I’m being sponsored today by [y]” etc.