“Port Ar is the last stop before you get to Guldaria ,. Trust me, you better off dealing with this borderline lawless place than the hyper regulated ones in that place. I hear they have guards that read your mind there! Here? Keep your business legit, pay your taxes and fee’s and all is good…And sorry about the dead bodes there…”– Typical conversation with new visitors to port Ar
Port Ar (Sometimes jokingly referred to by outsiders and visitors as Port Arrrrr) is the northern-eastern most port of the Elf-Dwarf Alliance . It is believed the name came form a noise/sound one of the founders made in frustration over trying to decide on the name. Other tales say that its orginal name was much longer and complicated but started with Ar and the shorter name stuck.Port Ar is inhabited by the noble Dragonborn who enjoy the wealthier positions in the city, the toiling Husky Canines who work primarily as monks and salesclerks, and is often visited by the stealthy Star Elves. Variations of humans are rare, as residents, in Port Ar as it’s not the main port of the EDA, but there are many visitors and traders from other lands. All all welcome here, even if the place does have a reputation as a bit of a place where those who engage in “interesting” activities congregate.Notable districts include:
- Northeasterndocks, infamous for its experimental laboratories
- The Merciless Panhandle, the district of the holy libraries of Necromancy
- Daypanhandle, where can be found restaurants that many outsider consider to be disgusting
- The Enduringtrail, a strange ward where only select few even know the way is where the uncared-for libraries of Theology can be found
- Terminusglade, site of the City Center. From here, Port Ar is ruled by a High Council selected of the wisest psychics in the region.
Approximate population : 8300 (does not include travelers, traders passing through, transients etc)
- Dragonborn (6,474)
- Halfling (747)
- Elf (415)
- Dwarf (249)
- Gnome (166)
- Half Elf (83)
- Half Orc (83)
- Other (83)
- Saroh’s You-Break-It-You-Buy-It Trinkets: Its operator is the clear-faced yet cheery gnome Female Saroh DiLitchamme. The place itself is alarmingly dirty, with sandstone shelves showcasing various strange items from weapons to robes, all of them magically enchanted in good or evil ways.
- Eternal Cocktails: Its manager is the young yet energetic halfling Female Shaninne Blood-redberg. The place itself is huge, with obsidian countertops showcasing potion recipes and ingredients.
- Jaid’s Top-Shelf Lithium: Its operator is the plump yet dashing dwarf Male Jaid Fearanian. The place itself is tidy, with marble tables showcasing training services for fighters, barbarians, and monks.
Guilds and Factions
There are several political factions within Port Ar. None of them have official names but they can be grouped as follows:
World Anvil Page for the item listed above can be found HERE.
My World Anvil page/game world, Easthalen, can be found HERE. It is updated often , as and when I can.
|Where to find & support Ennead Games online|
|DrivethruRPG||Itch.io||Open Gaming Store|